Global Security Mag: UltraBac Software Released UltraBac Version 9.2 and UBDR Gold Version 6.0
by Marc Jacob
The new product releases support the latest Microsoft operating systems and server products. This new release, Version 9.2, will add even more functionality.
ULTRABAC VERSION 9.2
- Active Directory Backup and Restore for 2008 & 2008 R2.
- Direct Write to Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk Format (VHD).
- Exchange 2010 Support, as well as Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Support for 2007 & 2010.
- Restore to Flat Files Using the MySQL Agent.
- SQL 2008 R2 Support, as well as Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Support for 2005 & 2008.
- Maintain and Manage Backup Machines by Groups.
- Fixed issue with 2008 R2 deploying to 2008 R2 returning an error copying ubfd.sys.
- Fixed issue with remote SQL named instances (non-default) not backing up properly.
UltraBac Version 9.2 provides the reliable data protection for all the latest and current Windows Operating Systems (2008 R2, 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP and 2000). Many of the new features and functionality offer additional support for your Exchange and SQL servers, including VSS protection for both.
Users were previously able to create VMware ESX or GSX Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK) files in one simultaneous operation while backing up a live system. Now customers can direct write to Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk Format (VHD) during a regular Windows image backup. This greatly simplifies a disaster recovery by eliminating the conversion required by a typical physical-to-virtual (P2V) operation.
Just as before, the P2V operation can take less than three minutes after the backup completes because no additional processing is required. This new functionality will save customers time, and will help eliminate possible points of failure that can occur during a typical file conversion when restoring a Microsoft virtual machine.
UBDR GOLD VERSION 6.0
- Support for Windows 7, 2008, and 2008 R2 dissimilar hardware restores.
UBDR Gold Version 6.0 takes advantage of the latest WinPE release, enabling users with the ability to perform dissimilar hardware restores to Windows 7 and 2008 R2, as well as all other current Windows operating systems. Since WinPE 3.0 is based on the Windows 7 / 2008 R2 OS, UBDR Gold v6.0 provides fast, seamless physical and virtual restores.
Click here to view article.